LCDDP carry out a series of focused and inter-related activities starting from identification and registration of beneficiaries and ending with post placement support for economic empowerment.
The entire process is supplemented with developing/disseminating IEC and BCC material, organizing events/programs to highlight and promote Abilities in PWDs/WWDs to address discriminatory attitude and overcome multi-fold barriers that hinder their inclusion in the workforce
People with disabilities are engaging in wage employment ventures with the support of LCDDP in different industries like banking & Finance, agriculture, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), NGOs, I-NGOs, Education, Tourism, Hospitality and IT sector.
LCDDP is providing following services to People with disabilities to ensure access to wage employment opportunities:
- On job Training
- Internships at leading Employers
- Job Fairs in different cities of Pakistan to facilitate employment opportunities in businesses and industries.
- Employer & Media Sensitization Workshops
- Job Alert through SMS, Phone Call and Email Alert to all registered beneficiaries
- News alerts about training opportunities at LCDDP and Scholarships opportunities world wide as well other disability related information
- LCD Job Portal www.jobability.org, where P.W.Ds can create their account, upload their CV and apply online against various open vacancies.